St John’s Christmas is going to look a little different this year, due to the effect of coronavirus restrictions. In particular, attendance in church will be a strict maximum of 40 people, face masks must be worn and social distancing should be observed between different household groups.
Please note that the programme below is provisional and may change in the event of new coronavirus regulations:
- Nativity Trail – starting on 18th December, a selection of nativity scenes will appear in front gardens around the village. See if you can spot them all!
- Sunday 20th December, 6.30pm – Online Carol Service – A service of Bible readings and traditional Christmas carols – available to watch live on our Facebook page.
- Christmas Eve, 3.30pm – Christingle and Crib Service – A service in church for children and their families. PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS SERVICE IS NOW FULLY BOOKED. To go on our waiting list please email us, or watch it from home on Facebook.
- Christmas Eve, 11pm – Holy Communion – Our traditional service in church, also live-streamed on Facebook.
- Christmas Day, 10am – Family Service – A service in church, suitable for all ages, also live-streamed on Facebook. A short Holy Communion will also follow this service.
Our Facebook page can be viewed at www.facebook.com/stjohnashton