From mid-August until the end of September we will be following a six week sermon series in the book of Joshua.
Joshua describes the Israelites’ entry into the Promised Land. Trusting in God’s promises, they stepped onto new ground with great hope for the future. But this fresh start was not without its challenges to confront and obstacles to overcome.
This book is an appropriate one for us to study together at St. John’s this autumn, as we prepare to enter our re-ordered church building and give thanks to God for his provision, whilst facing the continuing challenges created by the coronavirus. Joshua will offer us valuable reminder of the faithfulness and trustworthiness of God.
This series includes:
- 23/8/20 – “Rahab and the spies” (Josh 2:1-21)
- 30/8/20 – “Crossing the Jordan” (Josh 3:1-17)
- 6/9/20 – “The fall of Jericho” (Josh 6:1-21)
- 13/9/20 – “Fooled you!” (Josh 9:1-27)
- 20/9/20 – “The sun stands still!” (Josh 10:1-15)
- 27/9/20 – “Famous last words” (Josh 23:1-16)